* 1 small onion diced
*2 bell peppers any color chopped
*1 pound ground turkey
* 2 - 15 ounce cans red kidney beans drained of their liquid
* 1- 15 ounce can diced tomatoes with their juice
* 1- 8 ounce can tomato sauce (you can buy tomato sauce with jalapeños in it if you like it spicier)
*1- 28 ounce can crushed tomatoes
* 2 Tablespoons chili powder
* 1 Tablespoon cayenne
* Olive oil
* If you like real spicy chili you can add a half or whole habanero to the bell peppers in the first step
1. Chop the bell peppers and onions to desired size and sauté in olive oil until onion is translucent and peppers are tender.
2. Remove the vegetables from the pan, add ground turkey and cook through.
3. Once turkey is cooked through add the vegetables back to the pan. Add the ground chili powder and cayenne pepper, cook for 30 seconds stirring to release the spices flavor.
4. Add diced tomato, tomato sauce, crushed tomatoes, and kidney beans. Stir to combine.
5. Let simmer until beans are tender, about 45 minutes to 1 hour stirring occasionally.
This has been a healthy go to recipe that we have used for years. It stores in the fridge for up to 5 days but is very freezer friendly as well. If you don’t want to babysit the stove while cooking this, simply sauté the vegetables and turkey and finish in the crockpot on low for about 2 hours. Enjoy!!! -Emily
If you have a recipe you would like to share email Emily at email@example.com